Whew! What a weekend! Congrats to our Braves Marching Band for getting a phenomenal score of 748 (compared to last year's 656) at Alma yesterday! It was a beautiful day and not only did we put on our best performance of the season but we also got to watch a number of other bands, with Port Huron stealing the show that afternoon with their "The Matador" Show (and seeing the Marching Kilties is always a pleasure!).
We then enjoyed a nice dinner at Wendy's and bus ride back to Tawas!
Fortunately for our high school students things mostly slow down for a little while. Here's a few reminders of what's coming up:
- For High School: October 25th is the East Shore Wind Symphony Performance in Standish. This is the music I was telling you about in class last week. I would love to be able to take you to attend this and experience this music live and in person. Below is a sign-up form. I've talked with the Band Boosters and they will pay for the bus but you'll need to pay for your tickets ($5, which can come out of your Band Accounts). Enter your name if you wish to attend (spots may be limited depending on bussing and how many tickets I can purchase). The concert is 3-4:30 pm so we'll be leaving the High School at 1:45 pm and should be back around 5:30 pm.
- Oct. 31st and Nov. 1st All state auditions in AuGres (Note: All State Students, please see me to start scheduling time to do an initial run through of your music and scales, don't wait until the last minute. This isn't something you can "cram" for!)
- Nov. 10th the High School Band will be performing for our Veteran's Day Assembly (held during school, usually 3rd hour).
- Nov. 14th Dumpling Construction (all day Saturday starting at 8 am! No more 1 o'clock in the morning construction on a school night!)
- Nov. 21st Band Bazaar (set up Nov. 20th starting after school hopefully)
- Dec. 10th Middle School Christmas Concert
- Dec. 21st High School Christmas Concert (High School and Jazz Band)