A few things coming up this week:
- Fruit Fundraiser starts tomorrow! More info below and being sent home tomorrow with the students. Runs from tomorrow through Nov. 1st.
- All State Audition Times are posted (see post below, make sure you know your time---all Auditions are at AuGres Sims High School and the Parents/Students are responsible for rides to and from the school). Be sure to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to warm-up, that the appropriate scales are memorized, and that you are prepared (at least mentally) for sightreading.
- Please see the Calendar Tab to reserve a slot for All State rehearsal times with Mr. Akers. I forgot I have a meeting Tuesday after school so I do have to block that off now, too... :(
- I will be sending home High School Solo and Ensemble forms this week as well so look for those and then we can start picking out music. See the Calendar for when that event is.
- Congrats to our Clarinet Students who attended the Workshop this weekend at SVSU. I'll keep you guys posted on if they offer this type of thing for other instruments---it was very cool!
- Also, on the practice charts coming home this week look for a new section on the back where parents need to fill in when and where they have volunteered---we are updating and double checking our records, so if you've volunteered at band camp, concerts, football games, etc, do your best to write down approx when you volunteered so we can make sure your student's account earned credit for this :) And then when I get those next Friday I'll pass those onto June and she'll go to work on updating them. From then on, each week you can update that when your student turns those in just as when the students record Merit earning activities!
- Also, no High School sectionals this week as our focus is on 7th and 8th Grade Solo and Ensemble students and getting those All State Students ready for their audition this weekend.
- High school: Please bring warm-clothes for outdoor rehearsals. We have our last home game Friday and we were brainstorming on the way back from SVSU and your fearless Sophomore Drum Major brought up the fantastic idea of dressing up in Halloween costumes
When: Tomorrow through November 1st
What: Oranges and Grapefruit (box sizes/prices will be on the envelopes and the website).
How: Customers can order through students, writing their orders on the form, paying by cash or check (made out to Tawas Area Bands) or through the Banner on this webpage (along the side------>)
If they order through the website, there is an option to select which student should get the credit. I will be splitting the profit of the fruit sale between the student's points accounts (which are going to be updated very soon by our new points person June Westheim) and will be available to view on this site very soon so you can stay updated on what's going on their accounts. The money that goes into the student accounts can be used for Band Camps, reeds, uniforms, trips, etc.
Prizes: Top seller in each grade earns a $25 Gift Card to iTunes or Walmart and the top selling class earns a Pizza/Movie Party!